UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Today's Painting, "You Called?" by Gordon van Vliet

This painting was fun to do. The little boy has an expression of be interrupted at play and inquiring the nature of the disturbance. I love the setting among the fruiting grasses.

It is oil painted on canvas 4"W x 6"H.

I plan on doing a few more in this genre and look forward to your remarks.

In a world of difficulties our children offer a bright ray of hope for tomorrow. Teach them well.

Today I also want to share with everyone a new mural. It is done in what I call the Academic Method. It is a major commission by Graydon Parrish and regards the 9/11 tragedy. The article is by Lee Sandstead whom I admire for his striking photography.

A Brief Introduction to Artist Graydon Parrish

The Cycle of Terror and Tragedy, September 11th, 2001 courtesy of Academy of Realist Art, Toronto

Another comment: Thanks for sharing the comments from ***** on your painting. I said to
myself, Gordon must have some big shoulders to withstand such honesty from him. Anyway, I don't think I could take it. I admit it, I am a sensitive wimp. I think you are incredibly talented. I am amazed at how much you have grown. I too, thought the painting of Noah captured him quite well. Keep up the great work! Name withheld for privacy.

My response: I value all the critical comments that I receive. Most, including that one, are given with a view to help me become a better painter. I accept all comments in that light. Good or bad, however they are meant, I try to evaluate them against my work, to improve it. Please, everyone continue with the comments. There is no better help than honesty.

As a side note I apologize for that commet being remailed. It was not intended and I do not know how it happened. But I have taken steps to avoid a repeat of that mistake. Thanks again for all your support.

Labels:

Link

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger mick mcginty said...

Great control of your color palette!!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jon Conkey said...

Gordon it is amazing to watch you progress so quickly, I am impressed how you captured so much detail in such a small portrait; you are on your way!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger sarah said...

very sweet little guy, amazed to see how much you can accomplish with so small a canvas! thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, it is encouraging to hear from other artists!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal