UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today's Painting, "Willow Brothers Four" by Gordon van Vliet

Today's Painting, "Willow Brothers Four" by Gordon van Vliet was painted at the GVPAP annual meeting and paintout at Pultneyville Marina.

Read more about the event by clicking on GVPAP. If you go there, notice this painting on the picnic table in the photos provided on that site.

The picture at right shows the scene. What a great day. Later in the day I did a second painting which I will show tomorrow.

This past weekend in the mountains was great. My friends took me to Saratoga Racetrack for an afternoon of horse racing. My first time and I had alot of fun. Afterward we had a nice dinner in the town and enjoyed a street music festival as well. Wonderful place.

Last week I mentioned an upcoming newspaper article. It came out this weekend in the paper.

I was quoted as follows:
"It (plein air painting) teaches you to use a looser style and more speed," says Brighton artist Gordon Van Vliet, 46. "The colors and shapes are constantly changing outdoors, and you have to get a sense of the place."

Get the full story by clicking the picture.

Labels:

Link

4 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

Very cool man--Ive been to that spot before! Youve captured it with such grace. Swell work as always!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Thanks Justin. Your books are sure to be a hit. Lots of folks seem interested in them.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It (plein air painting) teaches you to use a looser style and more speed," says Brighton artist Gordon Van Vliet, 46. "The colors and shapes are constantly changing outdoors, and you have to get a sense of the place."

You're right. Only wish I could do what you do. In college my teachers said my work was "too tight". True, and I'm sorry I've never found a way to break free of it.

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Mara said...

Lovely bblog you have here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal