UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Today's Painting, "Hillside Inn" by Gordon van Vliet

"Hillside Inn" by Gordon van Vliet, oil on board was painted one morning last week.

I love the feel (atmosphere) of this piece.

The composition shows this old mansion of 12,000 sf just peaking out from beyond a hedge row and tucked in the woods. Set on 30+ acres in Wyoming, NY. Shown is the second floor and attic portion of the building.

Afterwards I joined some fellow painters including "The All Weather Gang" for a lunch inside. Wonderful morning.

I have adde a new link to Daily Painters Update in the right side margin of the Blog Main Page. If you are a new subscriber you may want to see some of the earlier posts. All my archives are also accessable from the Blog Main Page.

Tomorrow I will post a new portrait study I have been working on.

A subscriber sent in this comment -
"i really enjoy your web site. seeing your daily painting is great!! seeing the name 'opa' really got to me because i had a opa and oma for grandparents on my side of the family. my grandparents had a farm in clarkson and i lived on a farm in hamlin until i was in my junior year in high school. so many of my barn pictures are called opa's barn. it is just a way of remembering my childhood." name withheld to respect privacy

Labels:

Link

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Samohtra Fine Art said...

The entire painting conceived as well as the background trees with their smooth, fluid transitions and air spaces would strengthen its overall affect. Making the foreground tree a bit larger and enhancing its movement upward and using the vertical elements of the inn to play off against the organic forms could strenghten the conceptual aspect of the painting. this is an excellent study that could be even better. As a plein air painting you ran out of time, matey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal