UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today's Painting, "Great Blue Morning" Gordon van Vliet

Today's painting is newly titled "Great Blue Morning". The original title was "Summer Thoughts". SOLD

This was painted in July of 1992. After viewing some painting shows on television I was inspired to create three paintings from my imagination. The world inside of me, no photo or visual reference. So today I share this one with you. My thoughts were features from a midland beaver pond in the Rocky Mountain range of the United States.

If I were to do this oil painting today I would consider a lighter value background to give the allusion of distance and lighter shadows in the two main trees to de-emphasis the foreground. I would aso create midrange light at the heron.

All in all I like this painting. It is oil on canvas board and measures 18"W x 14"H.

I just figured out today how to turn of the date stamp on my camera so you will not see the date in the future images.

Labels: ,

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal