UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Technique Serves My Vision

I read this interview with Duane Keiser and the following quote really emphasizes the reason that I am trying to paint more often.

From an Interview with Duane Keiser:

On your website, you show postcard paintings from as early as November 2003. Have you noticed a change in your work over the last year and a half? How have they evolved since you began the project?

Yes, I've noticed some big changes. I have reached a point where the technical aspects of painting have begun to recede into the background of my thinking, like breathing. I feel like my technique serves my vision now, rather than the other way around. I'm more free to enjoy the paint.

Read the whole interview here: www.alexandrasilverthorne.com
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal