UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Today's Painting, "Repose" Gordon van Vliet

Titled Repose, today's painting is a sketch study in oil to observe a certain pose of this wonderful model. She has a great body and face with great angular features. We have studied her several times and she is always a pleasure to work with. This was done last night at the Boxart Street Studio. Todd Ryan had perhaps the best rendition of the evening. Tough night to paint with temperature at 96F, however the oil paint was smooth as silk.



Today on Wednesday, August 03, 2007 I painted out at Lake Ontario with the GVPAP. Again it was hot and humid. I did not spend much time on this one but it was fun working at painting this little channel flowing under the bridge from a pond to the lake. A feww fish braved the hot weather to jump. The rest just hid on the botoom. I painted in oil as my normal practice. This painting is on canvas, 11 x 14 .




A few months ago I painted this model. I like the way she appeared on the canvas. The bright and cheery rendering certainly captures her personality. It was a fun night. Painting is 18 x 24.










Tomorrow morning I will be with GVPAP painting at the George Eastman House gardens with model Brittany. This event should produce some nice pieces. Brittany is exquisite both in her natural beauty as well as her fine modeling skills. We have used her for portrait and figure work several times. I'll show a few paintings of her from other artists as well.



Labels: ,

Link

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Gordon, the GVPAP piece turned out well, I am especially fond of the water, your water studies have really paid off. it looks very belivable. The way the heat has been I think I would have not painted it but just jumped in

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal