UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, July 28, 2006

Painting Today, "Penguin Guarding Horn", Gordon van Vliet

Today the painting is oil on board 7 x 5, titled "Penguin Guarding Horn". The Horn is from a cow in Nepal from a trip in 1984. The penguin a paperweight from a friend. Material is brass. The picture did not come out well. The actual painting is better. Enjoy.







Also, below are two pictures of the studio setup.












Also, Take a look at the Terry Miura Studio. I find her story interesting.

Another artist asked about my palette attached to my easel. Here is her post and my reponse. Click on Jennifer's name to go to her blog where this was originally posted.
28 08 2006
jennifereyoung (08:25:18) :

Hi Gordon,
Thanks so much for the nice comments about my blog. I checked out your blog as well and enjoyed your writing and artistry. Hey, what kind of easel is that in the pictures of your studio setup? I’m looking for an easel with the palette in front like the one shown in your picture.

Take care and keep up the great painting!
-Jennifer

28 08 2006
Gordon van Vliet (10:18:08) : Your comment is awaiting moderation

Jennifer,
Well the easel is from ASW, about $100(now $119), but the the palette is custom made by me. We use a palette like this on all the studio set-ups at Christian Kolupski'’s place. Great idea. It is 1/4″ hardboard or glass palette captured in a wood frame. Then clamped with toggle bolts or turn knobs and made in such a way so you can slide it up and down. Also needed is an additional top piece that holds the canvas, turned upside down to hold the bottom of the canvas. Now you have full adjustability. Perhaps I should create an article showing the steps to make one. Also would you consider a reciprocal link. I find these help traffic at the blog ever so much.
Well I hope this helped some.
Gordon van Vliet

Labels:

Link

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Todd said...

nice one Gordon, you did really well on the wood grain.
You need a better camera

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger belindadelpesco.com said...

Nicely done - and I love the studio shots. It's always interesting to see other artists work spaces. :-) Great light.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks for sharing your works and a shot of your studio. I am in search of an easel with the palette in front like the one you've shown. Where'd you find that one?

Best wishes,
Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal