UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Painting Today, "Woman in Blue" by Gordon van Vliet


This is a new piece I began yesterday with a model. She is dressed in a beautiful blue gown with trimmings. Classic reclining pose on a Victorian couch. I will work on this more. Particularly the upper torso and face. This painting is a little larger at about 28 x 20 oil on canvas. I love the lower dress and the arms and hands. Let me hear your comments too.

I've had a lot of favorable emails on the Snail painting which I posted yesterday. Why not post your comments for all to see?

Labels:

Link

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know its in progress so I'll comment on the more finished hands and body. Terrific treatment of the left hand especially. Solid sense of form below the fabric yet nice feel for fabric –very flowing and decorative. A tricky balance you pulled off well. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
CDK

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Todd said...

good show, I really like the movement in the lower portion of the dress almost looks like flowing water. I can't belive how fast you did the head in the last 20 min or so

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal