UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Todays' Painting, "Racing Autumn"

This is a fun new painting called, "Racing Autumn", about a little pole bean flower gazing at his ripe older brother and wondering if he can beat the frost and grow up too.

Oil on canvas the painting on the left is 4-1/4"W x 4"H and the one on the right is 1-1/16"W x 4"H. Both are painted on the same canvas in a 6"W x 4"H footprint. They could be cut apart or framed together with a mat surrounding and separating them.

I really like how the appearance of this bean blossom seems to show a face and personality. It also reminds me of the monster in "Alien" when it speaks to Sigorney Weaver.

Here is how it appears on the canvas.

Labels:

Link

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Nice! I like its personality too! Good idea to put more than one of the little paintings on one canvas too.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I absolutely love the commentary that goes with this little painting, the part about Alien made me laugh out loud! I enjoyed the painting too, of course.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Todd said...

I really like this painting, the shapes are very interesting, great texture on the clothesline

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

coolio painting!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

from dA,
"It also reminds me of the monster in "Alien" when it speaks to Sigorney Weaver". Yes!
I like it too! Very good, friend! LightofReason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal