UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Painting Today, "You Can't Keep a Good Man Down"

This new painting I am working on is 16 x 20 oil on canvas of my wife's great grandpa Twitchell. A farmer in Maine during the early part of the last century, he had a lot of children, when he was struck with polio. The story goes that he received some charity from the towns people, but when his children were teased in town and at school, he forthwith refused any future charity and farmed his land on his hands and knees for the rest of his days. This he did successfully and with my future great admiration. I think when I finish this painting I may title it, "You Can't Keep a Good Man Down". Let me know what you think.

I am getting closer to my goal of creating on painting a day. Many of my friends in the art world are following this discipline and I can only see good come from it.

Labels:

Link

3 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger mick mcginty said...

Gordon,
Thanks for putting a link on your blog for mine...I finally figured out how to do it more easily and there is now a link for your page on mine. I love your work and your enthusiasm for it. Keep painting with the passion that you have, and htere's no telling how far you can go. I'm trying to do the exact same thing.

Mick

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

what a great story and a worthy title. Thank you for your comments, the most valued comments come from other artists, after all they understand the process. I find painting a day a challenge at times, however, one that is very rewarding.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Hi Gordon ,
I wanted to come check this out after talking about it with you at painting las Wednesday. Looks like you are getting a nice solid block-in. I also think his head is a little too small, and high on the canvas, which is too bad because I like what you have there. I hope the weather is good for you at the "Great Eastman Paintout" I'm sure it will be an awesome setting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal