UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"West from the Porch", by Gordon van Vliet

This image is painted on paper from my sons notebook. I forgot my canvas so it was the best I could do. I tell you... I love the medium. The paint soaks in the first layer and drys almost immediately, then progressive layers give more working time with the oil paint.

I am painting under the water works canopy at Cobbs Hill, a granite structure about 100 years old, looking westward at the end of the day. This water works controls the city of Rochester's largest reservoir. Click here for a satellite view from Google.



"West from the Porch"
oil on paper, 9" x 11.5"
$129.00 + 6.00 shipping in the USA.
Add 8.25% if NY state resident for sales tax.













Labels: ,

Link

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely painting!!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gordon,
Love "West from the Porch"- very nice and warm. Jeannette

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEEN THERE AND SCENE THAT- YOU HAVE BROUGHT IT TO LIFE. I HAVE SECRETLY ADMIRED YOU AND YOUR WORK FOR YEARS GORDON AND THIS IS THE REASON WHY !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal