UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"Man or Mountain" by Gordon van Vliet

Today I am posting one of my paintings for the first time in quite awhile. This on is from my Monday night adventures painting from live models at The Steve Carpenter Studio.

A great and varied group of artists that I thoroughly enjoy meeting and painting with.

"Man or Mountain"
Oil on canvas 9.5"x11.25" $239.00 mounted with 1"professional black wood frame.
Shipping $9.00 to Continental USA.
NY state residents add 8.25% sales tax
Email me if interested.

The idea for this piece comes from the old adage, "Is he a man or a mouse?" Well this fine young man looks meaner than a mouse, so I thought is he a mountain of a man, or simply a man or average? We all judge by looks and often can be deceived. So a closer look is many times warranted.

So in fact, in this painting. Notice the mountains in the background, then look closer. In fact, this gentleman wore a coat of many colors and what you see is his outstretched arm. He is comfortable in his pose, but underneath he sizes you up as you, in turn, consider him.

Or available by phone and credit card through:


Click on Me






see also:
BEFORE AND AFTER
a show of oil paintings
by Christian Kolupski
Click

Labels:

Link

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger KeRobinson said...

I like the direction of this work! It looks very mysterious! and the composition is interesting!

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again. I notice a bit of glare in the picture because I photographed tonight instead of nature light. I enjoy the colors.
GJV

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JB sent me this comment:
Loved the new painting, "Man or Mountain". You have the talent- promote
this at your shop. It's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal