UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A painting in the works coming on strong

A few months ago I crashed the hard drive of my computer and lost all my saved images. So today I was re-photographing many of them and I ran across this one.

This painting is one of my favorites. I painted it some time ago and have retouched it and cropped the original to improve the image. So far this is the result. I may do a little more yet before I consider it finished and then show it again.

The atmosphere and glow I find truly captivating. You can see the firelight on her arm and face. A woman reclining on a chaise lounge with her feet up. One hand under her head and one rest on her abdomen. She gazes into the glow of a fire on the hearth and lets her tension and concerns melt away for the evening. She thinks with pleasure about how far she has come and what path she will take next in life.

Oil on canvas. I have not yet titled or finalized the image size.

Labels: , ,

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal