UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Cobbs Hill, Rochester, NY Plein Air Paintings










Well I have completed my first two outdoor paintings. on is of the Rochester, NY skyline from Cobbs Hill looking West. In the photo to the lower left you can see the skyline image and me at the back and left. The upper left photo is the complete painting about 4"H oil on board and the photo at right is a close up detail. It shows the First Federal bldg at left, then Kodak tower, Bausch & Lomb, Xerox. In the lfull picture it continues with the Lincon Tower, Midtown, then Marine Midland finally fadining at far write with the Eastman School dormitory building. The buildings in the center portion of the picture are more obscure and they are not the subject anyway.

Next is a 4x6 oil on board painting of a water hyacinth that was blooming in my front yard. I paint two gold fish which are visible to the left and right of the bloom.

Also I sold this portrait on July fourth. I received a phone call from the model offering to purchase it as a present for his parents. He appreciated the likeness that I captured of him. I enjoyed very much paint his glsses and eyes behind. Oil on canvas board 18 x 24.



Link

2 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger dalessandri said...

Hi Gordon. I just wanted to say I really like that portrait you sold. Perhaps the photo could have been better, but the tonality looks spot on. I do like your fresh direct approach to portraiture.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Thanks, I think that our approaches to painting are similiar. I look forward to future comments from you and have listed you in my artist section. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal