UTF-8 http://vanvlietart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, June 30, 2006

GENESEE VALLEY PLEIN AIR PAINTERS


A long absence had deterred me from posting as I completed a consulting agreement with my former furniture business and cleaned up other loose ends. As of June 13, 2006 I have been converting a 1-1/2 car garage to a painting studio and workshop. It will be interesting to see how I adapt in the long cold NY winter. At left was a friendly doe who came to enjoy the mulberries across the driveway from my studio. A lot different from the environment of center city that I have been accustomed to these past 26 years. Nice subject material to paint also.

I joined Genesee Valley Plein Air Painters on June 26th and attended to watch a paintout on Friday evening the 29th. Click on the link to find out more about this group. They have been noted in Fine Art Connoisseur magazine. That's how I found them in the first place and then ended up in a figure drawing class with some of the members. Barbara Jablonski invited me to join. They seem like a fun group and they paint real fine. Next outing is to paint the Rochester skyline from Cobbs Hill Park.

I have continued my portrait studies at Boxart Street Studio and continuing to improve.

That's it for today.

Labels:

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
  • Free Search Engine Submission
    Free Search Engine Submission
  • Arts blogs
  • Rochester Real Estate Agent - Information about homes for sale and real estate communities.
  • Official PayPal Seal